View Single Post
      08-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #1
VenumE82
Rep
Drives: 2011 LeMans Blue 135i

Dashboard Bubble Repair

Hey guys,

I had a huge dash bubble for the past year on my car. Huge eyesore as it was plopped right above my main air conditioning vent. After watching a video online of a dash bubble repair company located in LA, I took my car to the guy and asked him for a quote to repair my car. After looking at the dash, he said he didn't want to touch it....guys business focuses on repairing dashboards and he didn't want to touch mine, that makes sense.

So I finally said fuck it, I'll just try fixing it myself. Purchased a $30 heat gun from amazon along with a window tinting squeegee. Here are some before shots and an after shot after I just repaired it.

I initially poked the bubble with a small needle so gas could escape. I made a few pokes along the small valley the vinyl sits on. I then just heated the area, hoping to reactivate the glue underneath. Once that was heated, i just started to work the area with the squeegee, just pressing down constantly on it and holding the area until the glue cooled down and held the vinyl in place. After about 10 minutes, everything has cooled down and it looks like the problem is fixed.

I'll be checking it throughout the day today and let you guys know how it turns out in the coming weeks. Hopefully non of you have to deal with this issue but if you do, looks like a $35 fix with about 15 minutes of work will take care of the issue.

Attached Images

Appreciate 8