houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csween86 View Post
I can't find a website for this company or any information on the requirements/recommendations to run the tune safely except for here-say on these forums... That concerns me a little bit on reliability and safety of my car. Is this valid for the 2011 135i n55? I'm seeing a lot of beta stuff as if it's still in testing and not all worked out. I've also read you need an android device too? So I pretty much have to buy a phone or tablet if I use apple... In the end after buying an android device, the adapter, the app, and the tune, I'm spending as much if not more on the MHD... I'm not looking to keep fine tuning and upgrading, I just want something I set up one time and am done with it and get a cool gadget for recording 0-60 times, numerous boost and info displays, and reading codes. Sounds like the MHD takes much longer to load and switch between maps too, but I can't argue that the company is still working hard to tweak and fine tune their tunes, and it appears power gains are better.
Sounds like Cobb's website has successfully tricked you into thinking you will get a refined and supported product. If you cannot find the two massive threads on 1addicts and e90, you didn't bother looking. Like I said, I have a v2 AP in great condition I will sell you for a great price, just pm me if you're interested.

And for anyone thinking an aftermarket tune is set it and forget it, that is not reality. At minimum you will need to initially grab logs to make sure your car is happy. Every car is different and what works for one car may not work for the other. If you run an MHD ots map and have issues, there are two active threads, basically customer support threads, where you will get help.

If I were buying a tune today, I would get the mhd flasher module, and an etune from wedge for the fuel I want to run, and skip all of the ots modules. I have to grab logs either way, might as well do it while getting a tune tailored to my car.
Appreciate 0