View Single Post
      06-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #50
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Just updated the Nav maps in my 2013 135i - used the folks at *** Navi Pro and spent a grand total of under $32 USD for the nav files and FSC code.

You learn about customer service when things go a bit sideways and I initially was pointed at a set of Next Big Thing updates. That was resolved very quickly, response to my inquiry was almost immediate. I got access to the appropriate RAR files and downloaded them. It takes awhile . . .

I run Linux, specifically Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and there were zero problems getting four 8 GB+ USB sticks formatted in Win95 FAT32 and then the data decompressed (using Archive Manager).

Took the sticks to the car, started it - since I didn't want to run on battery for potentially 90 minutes, inserted the first USB and watched the system ask me for the FSC. That in-putted it will then download from the sticks, asking for the next when complete. At the end it reboots and a minute or two afterwards you can see the new map version. Total time just at an hour to do the update.

Pretty slick and a tenth of the price of the retail version. : -)

Last edited by atr_hugo; 06-27-2017 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: clean up on aisle three
Appreciate 0