View Single Post
      08-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #2
Eins Suchtig
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 SGM 128i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurleaf View Post
Greetings 1er gurus, I seek your wisdom.

My apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section, please move it accordingly.

I have a 2012 128i 6 speed manual. So recently I noticed my car started emitting clicking/tapping noises when the clutch is engaged and the car is in neutral. This noise will start happening when the car is fully warmed up. When the car is not warmed up, there is no noise. The noise goes away the moment i disengage the clutch. The noise is noticeable and is driving me crazy... imaging sitting at a stop light and hearing a rapid "tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap..." Has anyone experienced this?

The other day I brought my car to the dealer to get it checked out. They were able to confirm the noise but concluded that this is a "characteristic behaviour" of the GetRag gearbox. I don’t know anything about gearboxes or transmissions, so I want to ask is this true? Is it normal for the gearbox to produce such noises? If this is truly an issue I want to get it fixed ASAP as my warranty is about to expire. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks 1er gurus!
Not normal...
Appreciate 0