04-02-2019, 09:08 PM   #422
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
A couple of things - list looks good, but don't forget about the other SULEV cars that use the N51 engine. I'd wager that the E9x 328i with the N51 is likely the most plentiful source out there right now. But if you're searching through www.car-part.com, it really doesn't matter - if you search for the correct 330i intake manifold, it will list the same part from 328i's, X5's, etc. It knows the part was used in multiple platforms, although to my knowledge you can't just search by part number. Of course, one still needs to do their homework with the wrecker, get pics, etc., if going the used route.

As far as the part numbers, the vent hose is not needed for our cars (or for 328i's doing this mod, for that matter). The screws you have listed are the ones that attach the DISA modules to the intake unit - if you're getting this thing used, the DISA modules should already be attached to the manifold (confirm with pics, of course). There is some hardware listed in Stig's OP that you'll need to bolt the intake to the block. And of course, it's a good idea to replace the gaskets with new parts. I'm replacing the throttle body seal ring on the same principle, but it's probably not strictly necessary (although currently $6.91 through Tischer, so not a big deal at all).
Vent hose isn't needed? That is the crankcase hose correct? The snorkel lookin' tube
😅
Appreciate 0