05-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #12
KRAMCLASSIC
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2012 135I 6MT AW/RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
On USA cars the footwell module has an extended warranty. I think up to 12 years. ? Not 100% on how long it's for, but its been way extended.... but it's very common for the FW3 module to fail. Are you in the USA ? A new FW3 is your best bet. You will also have to code it to your car.

It sounds like its your footwell module wince you swapped the complete headlight units and they still don't work. There is an ECU under each xenon headlight. But like I said... it sounds like it's your footwell module.

As for how to figure out when you have a bad bulb... you can press and hold the BC(Board Computer) button down and read out the error code.

DIY: How to figure out which bulb is bad/out on your car?
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1185634
Hey Dackelone

thanks again for the tips, I dropped off my car to the dealer today and the service advisor told me that if the problem is my FRM Module they will replace it but they may not be able to save my tune (Dinan stage 3) is this correct? I would think they would be able to flash to stock and flash my tune back. This is getting pretty ridiculous all for just a headlight