Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberryq10android View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguts View Post
I think we need a little more information. If it smells like smoke or something burning, then I wouldn't drive it until it's checked out. There's not much under that part of the dash that would smell if damaged e.g., the evaporator, heater core, etc. It's possible they damaged the blower motor and you might have a faint burning plastic smell as friction causes it to heat up. Once you are driving, you have enough air flowing through that you might not notice it.
Hey,

How could I check to see if they damaged the blower? Is it as simple as me popping the hood to look?

Even if they did, is it a big deal if it is damaged? Clearly, it is minor if anything because there is no code on the computer and the smell doesn't always happen in idle, just sometimes when I start the car. It isn't smoke but it isn't a good smell, smells like burning oil almost but it goes away after driving in 1 second.

Be hard to get them to fix it for free?
All that is behind the dashboard. You'd have to remove the dash to really know. I'd give it a week, then take it back if it's truly unbearable.