View Single Post
      04-27-2006, 05:17 AM   #14
spots
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsand5
I do think that the new 3 uses the same materials as the 5 and 6 for the engine cradle, frame rails, etc. That is what the guy at the BMW certified body shop told me while my car was there after the accident...hmmm...and yes, at 35mph the car was totaled after an off-set frontal collision (one of the most severe impacts on the cars structure). I'm sure that as soon as insurance companies start figuring this out, our rates will get jacked! After the accident everybody told me that is would not be possible for them to total a $50k car for just frontal damage....sure enough, they were wrong.
I am one person who would take the safety of a BMW over the possible cost to fix one in an accident. If I drive a car with a lesser crash rating and am hurt in an accident my time off work would more than pay for a new car. Not to mention the overall effects of damage to our bodies later in life. If I am dead than what good is more money in the bank and a lesser car in the garage?? I believe insurance companies pay more money out for injuries than car repairs.
Appreciate 0