03-29-2020, 01:34 PM   #54
Olgeezer1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i 6MT Sport Pkg. 18"

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMSport View Post
Olgeezer1, I've noticed after the "10 stops from 60-5 mph" that by the 9th stop, I experienced a lot of fade. I'm not sure I'll ever need that much braking on the street, but it does get my attention. Otherwise, they have initial cold bit (but are better with a bit of heat - even by the second stop), they are quiet, and they seem very low dust compared to OE pads. Track use wasn't a concern, but I am not sure these will work on autocross sessions. Anyone tried them (the newer ceramic formulation) for this purpose?
I'm assuming we're talking about the "new" Cool Carbon S/T Plus. Not sure if they're a ceramic compound. At any rate I didn't notice fade on the break-in procedure as compared to OEM or EBC which faded after 3-4 stops. You're right of course that this will never be a factor on the street and also that they do like a bit of heat. I never found AutoX to be that demanding on brakes, probably because of the very short run times so I would think these S/T Plus should be great. I have certainly found them to be far superior to stock/EBC Redstuff on my very occasional HPDE day with no noise/dust downside.
Appreciate 0