Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
Hey! I wanted to know if you found a solution to this as I'm in the same boat. I've been searching threads and threads on this to no avail this is the closest I can get on this subject as I too have a non M sport front bumper
So it looks like if you order the BMW Performance Cold Air Package, you get modified brake ducts that run from the Aero bumper to the wheel wells. If you have an M-Sport car, no problem, you remove the stock air ducts and replace with the new ones. If not, it gets a little trickier. I'm sure there's space to route the new ducting, and as mentioned above, you can either cut holes in your existing fender liners or buy the M-Sport pre-cut versions - but I can't quite figure out where the ducts mount. They each have two tabs with holes for hardware, and I don't know if the non-M cars have the mounting points in place, or if we need to add a bracket or something. It's times like this that I sort of hate how sealed off the undercarriage is - I'm going to need to remove the splash guard and/or fender liner just to take a peek.

The other issue is money. The stock M-Sport ducts are about $11 apiece. The Cold Air Package is >$260!. Kind of crazy. It also includes new ducting for the 135i oil cooler, but obviously we don't need that part, and the individual kit components cannot be ordered separately.