View Single Post
      07-19-2021, 09:50 PM   #24
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 27 BMWs...and counting

Garage List
Thanks for your response! Interesting coincidence that you brought the car from Denver, although I doubt you saw the superman 135i driving around Columbine, as he has had it tucked away for about 4 or 5 years now, maybe only a couple tanks of gas through it during that time! I think it is a 30-35K mile car as well.

BTW, I love 318ti's, especially with the 'E36 M3 conversion' done to them! I almost bought a Mora green one a few years ago, but it was a beater. But yea, I know what you mean about selling the family dog...the car is getting loaded up on the trailer and saying like, 'why are you getting rid of me?!?!?' LOL

I have a huge thread on the MINI forum about my F56 MINI adventure (although I haven't even told those guys over there that Carvana just picked it up a few days ago!). But the bottom line is that for the money, I expected pops and burbles from the JCW exhaust and I wasn't getting it (DINAN tune was coming soon to fix that). I also couldn't stand the rev hang - it's atrocious on these new cars! Like really bad, but DINAN would fix that too. Plus the wheels were hideous, and I was about to go down an expensive path to mod the car, and just lost the stomach for it. There's a lot more to it than that, but that's the short version, as not to take away from your feeler thread.

So now I'm back on track with BMW, and casually looking for my next long term project/show car. Although I do 90% my own work (see my Marrakesh for sale thread) my mechanic has a beautiful LeMans blue 6 speed, which makes me happy - he's a total E82 fanatic and whatever 135i I get would be in excellent hands, if I couldn't do the work myself.

I say 'casually looking' though, because we're in the process of building a house and it's taking an agonizing 12 months, where it should have only taken 6-9 months (thanks to crazy 2020-2021). We're expecting to be getting keys by October, and I've got a whole separate garage/workshop ready to go for a special car. But now's obviously not the time to be buying $30K cars, and that's another reason I let the MINI go ($43K go-kart!). But then you had to post your feeler on this beauty! For this price range, I know there is a huge following for the 135is as well, but I actually like the added exclusivity of the Lifestyle Edition, and yours in particular. Given all the choices available for the LE model, I would have spec'd it out exactly the same as this car. I even think it's cool that it has the white grill fins match the Mineral White paint, whereas the black and grey versions were 'stuck' with the white grills (which seems odd). First one made, press car, or company car, only one with active steering, etc... cherries on top.
Appreciate 0