View Single Post
      01-16-2022, 07:02 AM   #44
Fickert
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mazda RX8,2014 BMW 335i

EDIT: I was also a victim to the EPC being installed backwards! I thought I interpreted the crude images correctly, but I did not. This will not damage the car or anything, but more of a hassle and a mess to swap it around. I will contact Canton and see about getting these instructions updated as this is the third person I've read installing in backwards.

So I finally got around to getting my system installed last night and let the air side sit overnight at 60 psi. Will get it started and primed after breakfast.

So this was specific for the F30 335i owners, as I couldn't find anyone with it installed in their car.

First off, I recommend only getting the 2qt accusump if possible, otherwise you will not fit any others in the engine bay; it is TIGHT. I also installed the 35-40psi EPC kit in hopes it wouldn't trigger at idle but after inspecting the sensors it is stamped witt a "37" PSI rating and I am sure its accuracy is within a 1-2 PSI. My car's idle pressure can get down to just below 37 PSI so I have my doubts. My EPC choice was due to this being my daily driver, nothing more. If I think its necessary I can swap out pressure sensors to a 55-60PSI pretty easily after seeing the whole system.

I gave this opportunity to fab up an aluminum bracket and use my new tig, never done aluminum before, it was pretty awesome.

With the bracket in place, I was able to determine using the stock oil cooler, just 4 -10AN fittings / adapters and less than a foot of hose.

I wired up the EPC with the included switch and mounted it inside the small compartment next to the drivers side door in the dash to keep it clean and out of the way. This ended up being a very simple way to access with running wires through the firewall and drilling a hole in the dash. Can explain more if someone would like to know how.

So I have my EPC wired as so: 12V into the main power of the switch, then the "ON" position wired out to the EPC, then the EPC is grounded to the AC condensor. It seemed to be in a perfect location, so I reused the grounding terminal on it and strain relieved the wires.

I then wired an LED to be powered when the EPC is closed. This signals when the oil pressure is active. This was just mounted in the space for the steering column to keep it simple, but adds a nice ambient warning if engaged.

So in total I have my parts list below if anyone with an F30 wants to tackle it. Its tight but looks great once installed. I suggest you remove the strut bar right away and don't try to work around it like I did. Especially when precharging the air side to test for leaks.

Parts (All from Summit Racing)
- 1x CTR-24-273X
- 1x CTR-24-026
- 1x CTR-24-200
- 1x SUM-260086B
- 1x SUM-260090B
- 1x SUM-220047B
- 1x MIO-MMBB-10ANBK
- 1x RUS-634403
- 1x 12V LED Strip

and photos attached.Still need to cut the engine cover and fit it. But I have an oil catch can to install too.
Attached Images

Last edited by Fickert; 02-10-2022 at 05:44 AM..
Appreciate 2
AndyW697.00