View Single Post
      01-28-2022, 02:43 PM   #21
RaddDroid7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_951 View Post
I exchanged emails with Phill at StageFP on the same topic. Yes, the lower compression n51 is a disadvantage. And it doesn’t help that n51 cars have additional emissions equipments like secondary cats, additional air injection pump I recall, and whatever else I didn’t mention.

Overall, my understanding is 10hp difference if both cars have the exact same mods. I just bought a low mileage (38k miles) 128i M Sport 6MT with n51 engine this week. I immediately contacted StageFP. He also said most people can’t even tell the 10hp difference. I’m sure my butt dyno can’t tell that 10hp difference (saying this to make myself feel better).

Here is a clip of our email conversation. This is from Phill at stagefp.

“ A stock N51 will make around 180-190hp at the wheels while the N52 without a 3SIM will be around 200-210hp at the wheels. A N52 with the 3SIM swap and a catback exhaust will be around 220-225hp at the wheels. Your N51 with those modifications will be around 210-215hp at the wheels. “
So basically a tune isn't even worth it ? I was thinking of getting some headers to really maximize the potential but idk If I want to get either one after hearing this.

Might just pull the trigger on the AFE intake for now.

Nice collection of cars you got there as well !
Appreciate 0