Thread: My new 135i
View Single Post
      08-27-2022, 10:26 PM   #22
demas
Strictly BMW
Rep
Drives: F10 550i | E82 135i

Good weather yesterday to install a number of parts purchased over the past several weeks.

Plugs/Coils, ER Chargepipe, Air Filters and grounding strap. That was a lot for one day and ran out of day light. Should have staggered it over a few days but rainy weather coming and work will pick up next week.

Removed undertray to access grounding cable and see oil around. Probably the oil pan gasket. Cleaned it all up will check situation in a few months. The original grounding strap looked better than I thought, it was discolored but not frayed.

Removed plugs which were Bosch Double Platinum without the BMW - so not original although the part number was ZR5TPP33-S. Dark brown/black dry soot covering the center electrode and insulator. The ground electrode has a light tan around the back side of the stem. All 6 had the same characteristics. No oil in any of the wells.

Late afternoon replaced the Charge pipe. The original unit deteriorated at the lip seam on the throttle body end as soon as I unmounted it. It was probably on it's way out. The ER pipe fit ok but is not sitting flush in the throttle body but it stays in tight - there was really not a way to get it flush completely without being angled right to fit in the lower hose. Have seen a number of videos with after market and they all seem to fit that way. I haven't pushed the car yet since the install.

It got dark and had a fun time fiddling back in the engine cover/shield thing and the lower cowl or housing - that thing is a real pain to get lined up.

Started it up, no 'bing!' and ran Bimmerlink to scan for errors - all clear. Of course, I need to drive around more today and push it some. The slow crank 'seemed' a little better but could be placebo. ie, I typically get a 'whir whir whir whir - start' and now it's 'whir whir whir - start'

Going for a longer drive later - and the journey continues.

Ended the night with some Taco's and a Sapporo Black Label

Thanks
Attached Images

2013 F10 550i M-Sport | AC Schnitzer Springs | CMP Chassis Brace | PS4S

2011 E82 135i M-Sport | Evolution Racewerks CP | Stock | Stock | Stock
Appreciate 2
mkeiser505.50
jwolf63.00