02-23-2023, 04:50 PM   #66
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialivciuc@gmail.com View Post
Hey guys,
Did someone with ST XTA suspension (adjustable camber plates are built-in on those coilovers) and M3 LCA try to run 17 9J ET52 with 12-15mm spacers up front?
I`m about to order them and RT660/RE71RS 245/40 17 tires. Just curious if I need to replace struts or add any spacers for struts.
Thanks in advance,
Max
Good afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out in regards to your BMW 1-Series. The 17x9" ET52 is the best option for a dedicated square track setup on the 1-Series chassis. However, that fitment really only works with motorsport-focused coilovers that utilize a linear-style front spring, allowing for improved front/inner suspension clearance. ST coilovers are known to reduce front/inner suspension clearance compared to stock, so you won't be able to run that setup with your current coilovers. I would recommend looking into coilovers such as MCS, JRZ, etc if you want to try and utilize the 17x9" ET52 square setup.

Alternatively, for use with your current suspension, you can also use the 17x8.5" ET40 with 245/40-17 tires at all four corners. That setup will require at least 5mm front spacers to clear your ST coilovers, and around -2.5 to -3.0 degrees of front negative camber to compensate for a poke and rub-free front fitment. In the rear, depending on your ride height and specific tire selection, a rear fender roll or a touch of additional rear negative camber will be required for a rub-free fit.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

-Geirsen