View Single Post
      06-06-2006, 07:42 AM   #23
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Wilson
So the dealer quoted me $1300-$1500 to replace the sunroof glass. No way was that was gonna fly with the insurrance company. They were willing to pay body shop rates but not dealer service rates. I found a guy on thier "approved" network that would gauranteed not cost me anything out of pocket. I still felt uneasy so I gave him a call and talked to him. He has been doing sunroofs in all makes from Datsun to Rolls since 1975. He works only in his shop (no mobile service), and sounded like he really knew what he was talking about.

It was a tough choice, (even to most BMW dealers the E90 is still pretty new to them) choosing the place familiar with BMWs but not to experianced in sunroofs or choosing the sunroof expert that hasn't worked on the E90 verry much.

I decided to go with the sunroof expert with no out of pocket, I will let you know how it turns out.

What a fing headache, don't ever break your sunroof glass.

Jesse
I don't see how you will not have to pay any $$$ out of pocket. If you make a clain with ins, you will at least pay the deductible. If your deductible is $500, and the sunroof cost you $900 to fix, you have to fork out $500. Correct me if I am way off the bulleyes here...
Appreciate 0