David Kunitz
Mr OEM
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer23rm View Post
Hi! from cape town with an E82 coupe.

I would suggest getting an OBD 2 cable. look at getting INPA working on a laptop or an app on your phone....there's a few. Carly, Bimmerlink, bimmercode.
The waterpump and thermostat usually last to around your km from factory. i bought my car on 126kkm and started getting a code after that....i changed it at 180kkm, when the car's fans start working like mad then you know it is on the way out. That job with a pierberg pump is around R10k. It's like a lucky packet.
i would also do software. you can look at bimmerlabs tune, it is free, or you can contact xcede in jhb, they have done a few 125s. If you have an auto, they must load the 130i gearbox file too. the difference between a 125 and 130 is vast.
You cannot do the gearbox tune with a normal obd cable, you have to make sure it has been updated otherwise you will lock the gearbox....experience is fun thing to have.
i bought some led interior lights from electro mann sa, also in jhb. the change of the yellow to white modernises the car. also the boot bulb of mine was dying a slow death.
i switched from runflats to normal and they made a world of difference driving on our roads.
I dont have idrive, so i am looking for an android carplay next.
Hello!

Very glad to see another fellow South African on the platform

I have been thinking alot about the waterpump and thermostat, my fan is not going crazy as of now, however I will keep an ear out for it, thanks for letting me know about that!

I am also interested it retro fitting OEM Xenon headlights, just need to find out how to do the wiring, but maintenance is first of course!

Thank you for letting me know about the gearbox and everything else, good to know these things as it wouldn't be good to find out the hard way with that kind of stuff!

Cheers!
Appreciate 1