View Single Post
      04-29-2024, 11:57 AM   #61
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by VehementCrom View Post
... I’m still getting the ABS/DSC/BRAKE light errors/ cluster resets(turns off completely aside from RPM). CC works. Traction control works. The car drives fine and it [WHAT] happens when:
A:Key on vehicle not started.
B.Vehicle running at a stop...
Quote:
I cleared all the codes in INPA... The car won’t let my clear the LDM 00D030 code. I’m going to check fuse 22 which I think is for that. Any ideas why I can’t clear the one code? [Uhh, Probably 'cuz you haven't FIXED the Message Fault where LDM is NOT receiving message from KOMBI (Instrument Cluster) That "D030" Fault Code does NOT indicate a fault in LDM, that's working FINE. Code indicates a "Message" Fault in Bus line between KOMBI & LDM, or in KOMBI itself]...
Quote:
The fuse was fine. That code along with the auc sensor code keep coming back but the rest have been gone for now. Still having the same issues.
Please RE-State or confirm what "Issues" you are currently having. This thread is titled: "Cranks/no start/ ABS...";
1) I presume the engine now fires & runs when cranked, and you no longer have any CAS issues?
2) What Warning Lights appear on Instrument Cluster? ABS? DSC? BRAKE (RED)? Other?
3) KOMBI/ Instrument Cluster sometimes turns OFF (goes blank) except for Tach?
4) When Cluster goes blank it is always when engine is either (a) OFF; or (b) at idle RPM?
5) Cluster NEVER goes blank when driving at > 2,000 RPM?
6) If, while vehicle stationary/ in Park, you increase RPM to 2,000 RPM, does cluster "turn on"/ function properly?

If answers to the KOMBI questions 3 - 6 are YES, then you likely have a corroded Bus Connector, or a Loose Socket, Damaged Pin, or wiring damage in/at one of the K-CAN Bus Connectors: (a) at the rear of the KOMBI, or (b) where KOMBI connects to JBE.

I attach ISTA ScreenPrints of KOMBI Wiring & Connector View for those two connectors to NEXT Post.

Easiest Steps FIRST:

1) Remove Fuse F58 (5A), test electrically (0 Ohms resistance between fuse spades), and inspect fuse spades & Sockets for corrosion. If that restores KOMBI function with Ignition ON (Engine OFF), then you're DONE. If NOT so lucky, continue below.

2) Remove Cluster per Procedure attached to NEXT Post;

3) Test for Battery Voltage at X11175/9 Red wire;

4) Test for continuity to Chassis Ground at X11175/18 Brown/Black wire, with IGNITION ON.

5) Visual Inspection of the Wiring, Sockets & Pins at KOMBI connector X11175/6, Orange/Green Bus wire, & X11175/7, Green Bus wire. Clean pins & Sockets with Electronic Contact Cleaner, reassemble & test function of KOMBI, Ignition ON, Engine OFF.

6) If still NO JOY, remove Black Connector X14272 from JBE beneath Glovebox, & conduct SAME inspection & cleaning of X14272/29, Orange/Green wire, & X14272/31, Green wire.

Please let us know what you find, or if any questions.
George
Appreciate 0