View Single Post
      05-03-2024, 09:52 AM   #16
ndfan
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeiser View Post
You've probably already seen these but figured I'd share them just in case.
Thanks for your effort to provide those links. Based on interest locally and even from family, I would have to draw straws on who could buy it if I listed it at the highest listing price of the sales you shared. The car definitely falls above those prices, but I’m honestly not sure where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdt10768 View Post
For the money you're going to get from this sale, you should keep it or perhaps sell/give to a family member.
My parents saw the write-up on my car last week, and to my surprise, they expressed serious interest in buying it. Having it stay in the family is appealing.

Quote:
It will only gain value (in my opinion) if kept in good shape. This thing is super clean, like new. Try BaT, and insist upon a Reserve that you'll be able to live with. It's a rare example, so should do well there.
Thanks for the compliments! Yes, I think an online auction will be the way to go.

Quote:
now . . . first dibs on that perf exhaust/muffler !
Ha! You would not believe how many people selling a 128i with the performance muffler I contacted years ago to see if they would swap it out with my stock muffler before selling their car. Nobody took me up on my offer, so luckily, I eventually found one of the last new units in stock before they became unavailable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo97ss View Post
Can't decide if I want a trouble free 128 or an e46 m3, that will surely come with more problems but also more soul. Joe
I was in your shoes nearly 8 years ago when I was cross-shopping convertible versions of e46 M3s and 128i M-Sports. Regarding troublesome spots on that generation of M3s, I think (based on shopping years ago, so please forgive me if I’m mistaken) that the convertible version of the e46 M3 did not have the rear subframe unibody mounting issues as the coupe due to body reinforcements specific to the convertible. I suppose you’ve been weighing the pros and cons of each platform, and I don’t think you could go wrong with either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo97ss View Post
Yes, I too have an interest depending on price.
Yes, I really appreciate the interest here and would love to see my car go to a fellow enthusiast!

Regarding price, I think an auction is probably the best way to arrive at a fair price. If I post a price too low, I’ll regret leaving money on the table, and if I post a price too high, I’ll be roasted, which I’ve seen dampen ads and subsequent auctions. Between now and an auction, I’m sure there is a “sell-now” number that would halt my auction plans. Please feel free to PM me if you want to communicate more about the car, prices, etc.
Appreciate 0