View Single Post
      07-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #130
WolfsburgerMitFries
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3er

I think a key issue is going to be how the options are grouped. For example, so many things are a-la carte on the 328i like power seats, premium sound, and xenon headlights, that when I build a 328i and 335i on the website, they end up only around $3000 apart from each other. I think that's a bit of a problem coming so close to each other, because it ends up being a poor choice to not spend the extra $3000 and go with the 335i. The other packaging problem is the M-sport option group availability. No M-sport suspension with 6 piston brakes for the 128i is gonna be a deal breaker for me.

I forsee the same close-in-price problem in the 1 series caused by too many standard things on the 135i being optional, and overpriced as options on the 128i. There's many people in here that will be quite happy with the 128i and want to stick with the traditional non-turbo I6, and don't want to risk the classic N54 problems like fuel pump failure and overheating (especially in a smaller and tighter package). But if it turns out that you build both a 128i and 135i and they are within $2500 of each other its going to be a tough choice to buy a 128i.
Appreciate 0