View Single Post
      03-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #20
mdynamics
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, X3 & 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by M135 View Post
That is on a base BASE 335i at $42K without tax and $2500 down...read the fine print. A more optioned 3er will net you in the $650 range with the same terms. Yes you can negotiate, but you seem to be talking like you read the advertisement on bmwusa.com

My lease deal is looking around $714 on my $43795 1er including my 6% sales tax and nothing out of pocket. 10K miles per year. Money down on a lease is a big risk for a loss guys in the event you total it, etc.

BTW, my SA keeps babbling about the car being worth so much more than other cars in 3 years...blah blah blah. Honestly, I hear him talking but can't really picture it being that special. Chances are BMW will put an LSD in, make changes, and the next years model will perhaps be more desirable. Just because it is 1st, doesn't make it the best all the time. I'll play the gamble and say it's not going to be that special in 3 years to net me any kind of great value versus lease in the long run.
Well as a response to that, I just option a 335i around $45K, 0 down and 10K for 3 years is estimated at $690, which according to your deal still cheaper! and the 335i cost even more. I do want to note it wasn't full optioned but decently optioned.

I understand your point about the 135i not being a big deal in 3 years, could possibly happen but it’s still a BMW. And according to your optioned price tag you will be around ~$20K from owning the car in 3 years which I believe would sell for at least $25K and if you don’t believe me check the numbers on a used 330ci and you will see what I mean. Besides, having a great performing car is something, but having a connection with the car is something else. And if history could teach us anything is that the older e30, e36, e46 M3s are preferred to own over the all new mighty big M3 and most of us seek the 135i cuz of its resemblance to the e30, e36 M3s. So what’s to say there will be a new 1er coupe to begin with? Maybe a hatch again for Europe (just cuz of the 4 door) but might not be another coupe it all depends on the sales right? And if there is it will have more power but it will be bigger I assure you that.

IMO I believe to own the car especially if it is a special car as the 135i, and if after owning it for 3+ years you feel that there is another car that you will enjoy you could always trade in.
Appreciate 0