05-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #137
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
^I suggest everyone waits until the new software/updates/chip thing pans out. Better safe than no drivetrain warranty.

SSTT is the only one out there right now that doesn't throw codes AND doesn't set off the ECU "secrete" codes for impedance changes on the ECU.

V3 is real nice, but it's still hooked up to the ECU and I haven't seen anything from SHIV saying that it won't have issue with the ECU. Shark's approach would be the best and most configurable tune..if and when it comes to market.

Dinan's warranty and subsequent battles with BMW's "NO" is not really a warranty when you have to wait/pay to get something major covered.
Both Clayton and I are getting to the bottom of this. Some of these details are very real; however, some of it is just hearsay as well. We both have reliable contacts that should be able to provide more accurate explanations and a helping hand in the event that something were to actually occur (unlikely, IMO).

All I know is that the parties involved had better hope there isn't any proof of slander if things get too out of control.

Where things sit now, I'd personally run SSTT; however, in regards to V3, I'm not and probably never will be a fan of piggyback systems. Should this deter others from using it? No... but this is my preference based on my experience with other vehicles.