View Single Post
      06-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #256
evilken
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plien69 View Post
Awesome pics!

Can you explain a little about Volvo's OSD program? What does OSD stand for? How much discount do you get? I hear that Volvo pays for your airfare, is that true? In your pics thread, you make reference to your Rome side trip and the "Hotel Savoy where Volvo put us up." Does Volvo pay for a side trip?!?!?

And what a completely random picture of Mayor Giuliani! Haha! That must've been a trip seeing him! And in your picture, he looks just like every other tourist: brochure in hand, looking around confused.

Absolutely. OSD stands for OverSeas Delivery. I saved i think right under 10% from MSRP which is under invoice price. Volvo does provide free airfare for 2 with the program and 1 night free hotel stay. Also transportation to and from the airport, also to and from the Factory Delivery Center (Volvo's Welt) During the winter month all the way up until the end of April, they have 2 "side trips" that you can do. Its heavily subsidized from Volvo. I think they do this as the winter months in Sweden are really cold and dark. For $700 they offered round trip tickets to Rome for 2, 3 night hotel stay at The Savoy, transportation to and from airport to hotel, and and extra night hotel stay in Sweden. I stayed an extra night at The Savoy and it was $400. So, Volvo really does go the extra step for their OSD customers. The side trips change every year. This past year you could choose Dublin or Rome. Let me know if you have any more questions!
Appreciate 0