View Single Post
      06-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #26

Drives: 135 Vert

Originally Posted by damian View Post
Do you look young?

That's the most annoying fucking thing, and it happens to me all the time because i look about 10 years younger than I am. Then I go somewhere I just want to be left alone (like Best Buy) and i can't get the salespeople to shut the F up.
I guess I look a little young, but I pulled up in an X5 - not exactly a cheap car. I would have thought that would have gotten me a little respect. I went to a different dearlship and had no problems like that, got to test anything I wanted. Didn't buy, but if I was ever interested in buying again (and I may be in the future) I certainly know where I'm going and where I'm not.

I was actually talking about this sort of thing with the guy at the other dealership. His basic response was, "It's northern Virginia, we've had a ton of kids come in whose parents have no problem dropping 100K on a car for them so you have to treat everyone with respect."

Oddly enough, when I was at BMW of Sterling a different time a rather older woman walked in the door and wanted some help. She HAD to be in her 70s but they greated her immediately and she pointed to a car and said she wanted to look at it. It was an M5. I know the rep was thinking the lady doesn't know what she is looking at. She ended up buying it. You just never know.

2008 BMW 135 Vert
Montego Blue
Coral Red
HGB Trim
Cold Weather
Comfort Access
Satellite Radio