Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Blue BMW M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkTechnology View Post
READ: "They don't taper at all. It's a straight 60mm (2.375") shot right at the ends of the stock cat/DP flanges. The rest of the stock cats/DP's are stamped sheetmetal which aren't exactly round at all."

Forward of the cats it's all stamped parts. It's not tube at all. Yes, I've removed my fair share of downpipes on the N54 and other race cars as well.

But I took some stock DP/cats I have here, and at the ID of the flex section it looks like it does taper down to under 2". But you don't ever take ID measurements. That'd be like saying your downpipes are 2.88" ID downpipes instead of 3" downpipes.

But nevertheless, set of your's or any other catless DP's would be a welcome edition to the car.
Thank you. I apologize if I came off rude, but just wanted to make sure others didn't think the stock downpipes were 2.375" in case they misread the statement. Yes, you are abosolutely right. The stock downpipes are more oval than round? They're also the most restrictive part of the whole system. On the catback, the exhaust is pretty straight except behind the 2ndary cats.
Appreciate 0