View Single Post
      01-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #11
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 AW 135i DCT

Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
Nice pics, thanks for posting these. It sounds good.

So is there any difference in filter size/type at all? Or is the new intake basically the same size/shape as the stock one, except made out of carbon fiber?
I have not seen myself but according to BMW there is a new filter element. I would image the filter is a different shape being that the airbox is different in shape and size also. The air passage in the carbon fiber housing is larger. There is a third air inlet under the longest front edge of the airbox (that's the large unit connected to the right of the carbon fiber housing). From reading some articles I understand that the size of the air snorkel that feeds air from the airbox into the throttle body also matters in creating an effective system. I hope and am pretty certain BMW engineers took that into consideration.

Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
Very nice! Does it affect the warranty?
There is no effect on warranty. Since the intake system is from BMW, it has a valid BMW OEM part number and is covered under warranty. The labor is also covered under warranty since I had it installed by a BMW service center (my dealership).
2012 135i | AW on Blk | 7DCT | M-Sport + Premium | Nav | Harmon Kardon | BMW Performance Exhaust & Kidney Grilles