View Single Post
      02-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #35
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135I 2006 Lotus Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa13 View Post
This is amazing! I have been saying that a boost gauge should pop up on the I-drive screen for years. Now you have a shit load of gauges! I am already interested. I have 2 laptops laying around that I would gladly put in my 1er when it gets here.

Also, would just a hard drive work? Like, maybe the hard drive that's already in the 09's?

You don't have to tap into the vacuum hoses to get the boost levels like a normal boost gauge do you?

I'm sure that as soon as your 100% done with this product, you will have a ton of people from this site and e90post ordering this from you, as long as it doesn't cost an arm and leg of course.

Hats off to you my friend! Good work! Now let's see a working product.

Our controller that reads your sensors is not very expensive. Assuming the customer has a laptop/carputer the only other thing you will need is the rgb converter. I dont know what the vga to rgb converter quality will be like. this is the biggest unknown that I have.

With our smart controller instead of taping the vacuum hose you simply will connect your map sensor to it. It has a voltage range, you set the boost based on the range and the gauge will display boost accurately..

A hard drive will not work. You need windows operating system (32 bit and higher).
Appreciate 0