03-01-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Please allow me to reintroduce myself :)

SORRY ABOUT THE GRAMMAR!!

There is a long story (around ONE YEAR long..) that goes with this vehicle purchase of mine. There is also a long list of assumptions that go with this purchase of mine. So I'll try to explain it short and simple.

On March of 2008 I began what would become a depressing yet exciting car searching experience. I initial wanted to purchase a second hand 2005 Lexus IS300 and had seen/test driven it. However I was not able to convince my parents that it would be a smart purchase since after all we had never purchased a "used" car before. So then came the numerous trips to different dealerships and putting up with agents that treat you polite until you tell them you won't be purchasing today.

As April came around I found out about the new 1 series that BMW had rolled out with in the states. My first impression of the 1 series was that it was a small coupe that was made cute for girls and no way in hell would I like it. However I was proven wrong when I set my sights on the 135i which came with a I6 (thanks Cris!!) engine with twinturbos along with a more aggressive look. I became excited. Unfortunately at the time I could not come up with the appropriate funds and settled on the 128i since there was a huge price difference between a used IS300 and the 128i (around 10-15k). So I put in the order so that BMW could custom make the 128i in the beginning of May and was told that it would take around a month to be put into production. Then the count down of days started. It was agonizing and painful. BUT the pain did not stop there, after a month wait my car was not able to be into production and this was the beginning of my bad luck....

August came around and it was still not in production. I was about to give up on the 1 series, but I began to feel that nothing at the time was more suitable for me than the 1 series. Moreover during this time I began to realize that the demand was higher for the 135i so if I ordered the 135i I would be able to finally get the car into production. And so after a hard financial decision I made the jump unto the 135i. UNFORTUNATELY it was double edged sword... I was able to get the 135i that I wanted since the beginning however I was going to get pushed ANOTHER few months because the Europeans love "football" and beer....

The dealership had to finally cancel my initial order and told me to wait and order the 2009 version of the car. So sadly I waited until October 14th, the day after my birthday I put in my second order after going around to more dealerships looking for the best deal. UNFORTUNATELY, due to the US economic crisis and the worsening exchange rates the price of the car had increased. But being as stubborn as I was, this time I had my mind set and was ready to roll. So I put in my order and finally got a production number for my vehicle in December AFTER christmas.....

Even though I was promised a January 2009 delivery, I received my car in February. The last few weeks were the longest weeks I've ever experienced... Yet in the end I drove off into the night with the car of my dreams....

A 2009 BMW 135i that will be wholly financed by me.

This car is everything I wanted it to be!! Today was the first time I actually drove the car since I never test drove it because I wanted to surprise myself and it feels nothing like the 3 series which is a nice change! Its so great, all I have left to say is WOW!!!

Thanks for putting up with my bad grammar, just too excited to sleep/type!!

-John

Last edited by 1013mm; 03-01-2009 at 10:22 AM..
Appreciate 0