03-31-2009, 05:17 PM   #56
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
Keith, I'm really sorry you've had to go through all this trouble for what should have been simple mods.

You've posted a very thorough review and have documented your experiences better then I've seen from others. I agree that we don't get enough of this and I tried to do the same when posting my reviews:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222148
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228333

You can see in my reviews of Riss Racing products I did run into some issues and I'm sure you've seen my posted about the power steering bracket. Now even with these issues I would still continue to buy products from Riss Racing. I agree that there have been some fitment issues, but it's nothing that I wasn't able to work around relatively easily (unlike the issues you seemed to run into).

In addition to that the support I've received from Riss Racing has been extremely good. For example when I had one of my diverter valves fail on me (the line to the intake track blew off because the threads stripped) I had a new one in my hands within a few days. I sent the bad one back and it seems like they were listening to my feedback because they later released a new design for the diverter valves, which I've now switched to.

They have been very receptive of my constructive criticism. Like when I mentioned to Anthony that the bolts holding their midpipe to the axle back were way longer then they needed to be, he let me know that he appreciated the feedback and would include shorter bolts with the exhaust in the future.

Because of my experiences with Riss Racing I feel confident that they will address the issues you've run into in a way that will satisfy people. Maybe that's a little idealistic of me, but I guess that's just the kind of person I am.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0