10-02-2005, 12:17 PM   #43
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclay
Not to me, I usually know where I am going.
yea me too but it's the idrive that makes the interior looks complete.

Many people don't like the iDrive because of its first impression on the 7. The new iDrive on the 3 has been improved and it doesn't have as much features as the 7. Many people hate it because ur reading reviews and comments from 60+ yr olds that doesn't even type with two hands. The car is more integrated with the idrive as you can control everything using it. It's actually something that only the 3 has and none of its competitors have (e.g. Audi, Volvo, Merc). I know where Im going if I'm at home but once you go on a trip to somewhere u haven't bene to, you rather have the nav tell you where you are going than reading the map. For under 2000, i think it's the best deal there is but of course it's a luxury, don't get it if u have to choose between idrive and other features. At the end, it depends what really gives you the satisfaction.

Oh...and as far as aftermarket GPS units go, I used it in my 2002 S60 T5. They work great. But i just want a integrated clean look. Secondly, with those aftermarket units, you need to take it off whenever you park unless you want somebody to break into ur car. I'd actually recommend the Magellan Roadmate 750, my second pick would be the Tom Tom 700.