View Single Post
      12-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

UUC short shifter problem.

I've had some problems ever since I've installed my UUC short shifter and I'm hoping I can get some more information from my fellow members. I had it installed on my 1 about a month ago and ever since it just feels really knotchy and shitty. At the same time time also I had a R&R modified CDV installed.
About an hour after I had it installed I drove it home and it felt like shit, I thought it was part of the "break-in" period and it wasn't. Shifting was very knotchy and sometimes I had these "floater shifts" where the shift just stopped half way and I'd be grind putting into gear. I spoke to Rob at UUC and he seems to think I may have a bubble. When I had my CDV changed out twice, rob explained to me that whomever installed it should've bled it. I also brought up that I installed an after market cdv at the same time of installing the ssk. He said to get rid of that and try it, then call him back. I called him back yesterday and told him it helped a little bit, feels more solid, but Im still encountering same problem. He said that I probably have a bubble and that whomever changed my cdv out should've bled the system.
What do I do? I have some warranty work and other shit to get done at my dealership next week. Should I tell a fib that my BMW SSK is giving me a problem? Or am I just asking for more trouble by them taking a look at my short sifter and realizing I'm lying? This is killing my "ultimate driving experience".
Myles

Last edited by SixBanger; 12-23-2009 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: spelled short wrong!!!
Appreciate 0