02-05-2010, 03:01 AM   #53
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
NA vs FI....not even close..this car will probably sound like a vaccum cleaner..Sorry but F/I is not my cup of tea in M cars.(Have you heard the X5M/6). Lower redline etc......I don't care about performance to be honest..I want a kool aid smile on my face everytime I drive the car.
This car will sound exactly like our car equipped with aftermarket exhaust...

If this car would have been equipped with an S54,detuned smaller S65,or some other high reving engine I would have been all over it but I'd rather keep my 1er and buy a used m3 than forking out an xyz amount of money for this.

Being honest the M1 offers more cosmetic upgrades than upgraded driving dynamics. Any enthusiast that is ready to gamble with the factory warranty can have a finely tuned 135 for cheaper than this.
Intercooler+JB3+KW coilovers+exhaust+meaty tires and it's done. All that for 4-5K
I can agree with you on the sound, that's probably my favorite part of driving a car but I didn't even think about it in this case.

I don't know what you mean by "our" car, I've got a 328i and if you heard my Injen intake it would make you weep with joy

And to whoever quoted me and said M3 CSL =/= M3 GTS, when did I say it did? I never even brought up the GTS I was merely pointing out that the idea of a 1 series M is similar to the idea of a lighter M3.

The E46 CSL was way more hardcore than the M1 can ever be in today's market but the fact remains that BMW is trying to do a similar thing by making a smaller and more agile M car.
Appreciate 0