View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #321
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Scott, sorry for the partial threadjack, but any info whether the F10 M5 will be offered in a manual (at least for our North American shores). For me personally, that would be the 1 factor that determines ownership of one. Hope BMW stays true to its roots and gives us a manual tranny, even though the E60 M5 manual was a slow seller here (though a lot had to do with other factors as you are well aware). Thx!
I do not think a manual has been created for this generation of M5 , because of the previous response before which almost took the credibility of the M5 but sacrificed the-then M boss. Of the M5's I have seen they all had an upgraded DCT. Both the manual E60 and E63 are cars the M Division would like to forget.

In a way the new 1er and 3er share the same platform matrix , in this case it is a new modular platform that can be stretched or shrunk and be applied to MINI also. This is a new cost effective platform which means that more proditable variants can be created off one platform, meaning more profitability. This is what BMW has invested in when our competitors were investing in their Sports cars .
Again like Efficient Dynamics we have caught the competition completely offguard and they are scrambling to add to their product mix.
The key important segments for the next decade is the MINI segment , Compact segment , Mid-Compact Sports Sedan segment that is why there will be great expansion within the MINI , Sub-BMW 1er , BMW 1er and 3er model lines.
Appreciate 0