View Single Post
      07-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #66
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Guys,

I know this is a small concern but is it safe at higher speeds? I would hate to have my hood fly off at speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
You are right. The hood has the provisions to accept all stock hardware. Double-Sided pieces SHOULD be installed without shocks though, as it's a lot of pressure and they are meant for a much heavier piece. We've had the car up to 140mph and drive thousands of miles on it, no issues with it.

If you wanted it painted and don't have anywhere to take it to get painted, we can paint it for you before shipping. However, we do suggest that you get it painted locally since there are color variations between cars sometimes. It's also better to get the hood professionally installed, since there are A LOT of different adjustments to get a hood to fit to the way you like it (even if you're replacing an OEM hood).

The extra volume of the M3 bulge will help get some hot air up and out, yes!

Any other questions, just ask

- Andy
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0