Both are rated at 300hp/300tq and have similar performance. Stock vs Stock, the N55 has a slightly louder rumble. Especially on cold starts.
- Twin Turbo setup
- Easier to get more power from pnp tunes
- HPFP Issue, check the numerous threads and sticky in General Discussion. Warranty for N54 engine HPFP has been extended to 10 years or 100,000 miles.
- TwinScroll single Turbo
- Pnp tunes in testing, but not quite as much gains as N54 tune
- So far no confirmed reports of HPFP issue
- Supposedly reaches peak torque at ~200 less RPM than N54
2007 SLK55 AMG - Black on Gray/Black - AMG 030 Performance Package
2011 135i - Traded
///M-Sport - Dual Clutch - Harman Kardon - Bluetooth - iPod - Shadowline Kidney Grill - 225/255 Star Specs - Hotchkis Front Sway