View Single Post
      12-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
SR32
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY11 135i CW 6Spd Man

Hey Marc,

Yeah - I did sell it a little too early! I'm heading overseas for a 2-3 weeks over xmas so the wait shouldn't be too bad. I also live on one side of Albert Park lake and work on the other side of it so the ride in isn't too bad either.

I sold the car within half a day about 6 weeks ago and seriously had four buyers from the VW forum lining up for it. That's without even placing an ad up! The guy placed a deposit and was willing to go without it for 6 weeks! It was all too easy so I just said yes

Am sure the 135 will grow on you. I personally can't wait to get mine. I know I will miss the R32, though - hopefully the 1er treats me the same way. Not one thing went wrong with the R32, not even a rattle....

Like I previously said in an earlier post, we hopped back in the R32 after our 135 test drive and felt my manual R32 was just as quick and probably more fun (talking 2nd/3rd gear sweet spot acceleration - THE KIND YOU GENERALLY DEAL WITH EVERY DAY WITH INNER CITY DRIVING).

Having said all of that....my 3 year lease was up. I was due for a new car and within my price range, the 135i was the closest thing to the R32 that I could find. I like my cars high powered, AWD/RWD and SMALL and the 135 ticked all the boxes (except for the 2 doors - which I'll have to get used to!) I am also VERY limited with my cars because of my 6ft6 frame. Thankfully the Germans know tall people like performance cars too!

On a side note, Interesting to hear that the new R (29,600 pounds) is actually priced ABOVE the 135i (28,600 pounds) in the UK.....my other half and I test drove it a few weeks back (placed an order on it to replace the S3 mid-next year) Is a great drive and sounds a bazillion times better than the S3....I seriously can't beleive they managed to make a 2.0T sound that good!