11-11-2005, 06:54 PM   #10
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3aficionado
I've read the whole 5 page thread. It seems most of the information is not supported by any sources... at least not ones supplied to anyone in the thread. It sounds like there is rumor creating rumor in this thread. Some of it seems plausible but with no supplied sources it's no better than rumor. And the best rumors are ones that are plausible even though they may not be based in any fact.

I hope some of what was written is true but I can't put much stock in the info after reading the whole thread.

By the way "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who"* says the new hardtop convertible will have a sunroof! I just thought I would start my own plausible rumor that is not based in any fact with no sources identified.

* Quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The thread from Bimmerfest was answered by Speedfreak, a BMW salesperson. There is in fact, a calender issued by BMWNA from time to time, that shows model rollout dates. In November of 1999 I saw such a calender, which clearly showed me the release of a 325i & Ci starting in October of 2000.

As such, I have no reason to believe SpeedFreak is making this up.
Appreciate 0