View Single Post
      01-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I have Dunlops on my 135i. I rather like them. Until they wore out - then they got kind of noisey. They sound like a wheel bearing going south. But it is the tires (bc my winter tires don't make any noise!). In a few months I will have to buy new summer tires anyway. But I like the RFT Dunlops. Not sure what I will buy though.

The tires that come OE on our cars depands only on what BMW has laying around teh factory on hand. Bridgestone, Good Year, Dunlop and Pirelli - all are OE tire suppliers.

IF you decide to stick with RFT (RSC) tires... make sure that the tire you buy has the "STAR logo" on the sidewall. This denotes that the tire meets BMW requirements for noise, ride and handling.

I personally think the reason why some people give new tires such rave reviews is because they were driving around way too long with bald, hard lumps for tires. Any new tire would feel better than their old ones! lol With any modern tire it is very hard for the average Joe to detect any differences. Probably atmost you are feeling slip angles (ie steering response) and road noise - for new tires.

Dackel
Appreciate 0