02-23-2011, 04:44 AM   #313
theboogieman1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk74 View Post
I just read all 16 pages of this thread and nobody has mentioned a GROUP-BUY in a while, so let me be that guy. How about a group buy?

Also, nobody from Cobb ever explained why the BMW unit costs 50% more than the Subaru unit. Throw together a couple of sentences of BS please. That price difference is the only thing holding me back right now.

How many units have been returned so far? If you decide to sell those "used" units for $600, please let me know.
To me, for what you get it still seems like a reasonable price. Maybe because I'm coming from an Audi where things were already expensive. Seems like for what you get out of a flash you can't really beat it. I got this instead of the GIAC because of the flexibility to install/uninstall yourself (beats paying a shop for their labor), updated tunes (which are easily downloadable), specific tunes down the road for your current setup (once the AccessTuner Pro comes out), and the option to resell when your done with it. It only seems that once this gets out there to the public the options will be endless. Just my thoughts when deciding to go this route.

I hate to say it, but if you can afford this car and your parents didn't buy it for you, you should be able to afford it. This is a pretty minor upgrade in comparison to the rest of what you can do and for some of the biggest gains. With just this tune I was able to hold and slightly pull on a new M3 on the freeway, that's pretty good for just a tune. I'm sure it also has to do with the fact that they seem to just be jumping into the BMW side of things. That to me seems like they have to put in a ton more work in figuring these cars out in comparison to what they are more use to dealing with. Maybe I'm wrong.