Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
You can get the speaker grills from Schmiedmann as well, you just have to search by part number. I can dig up the part numbers if you need them, or just look on RealOEM.

Anyway, I got the kit and the speaker grills from them a couple of weeks ago. Best price I could find.

Be aware that there are two kits out there. One for pre-3/09 builds, which requires splicing, and one for post-3/09 builds which includes a plug-and-play harness but also requires dealer coding after install for some reason. Schmiedmann stocks and lists the old kit on their site, but you can buy the newer one if you search by part number. That's what I did - they had to order it from Germany, along with the tweeter covers.

Anyway, I've got an appointment to install at the dealer on Monday. They quoted me 260 Euro for the job. I'm debating just doing the install myself and then taking it to them for the coding, but I'm a bit hesitant to start ripping apart the interior trim of my car - I'm pretty sure I'll end up breaking one or more trim clips along the way and possibly creating rattles...
I'd be very appreciative if you could give me the part number for the newer of the two kits?

Thanks.

- Harlequin

Last edited by Harlequin; 03-17-2011 at 05:27 AM..
Appreciate 0