View Single Post
      03-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #399
roo97ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: X6M, Tesla Plaid, MYP, Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflestomp View Post
Looking for input from those who have previously had the JB3/JB4 tunes installed ... What was the reason you switched to COBB?

Do you feel a difference in the car with COBB vs JB?
i switched for the ease of install, removal. Seems i was at dealer once a month or even more often than that initially. had fuel pump issues, multiple reprograms, tail lights, etc. PITA to be in and out of the ECU, though i was good at it.

I had JB3.

Power is very smooth with cobb, and better on top end of rpm range, though midrange definitely felt better with the jb3.

Running my car side by side with my brother, map3 is on par with the cobb ap, map 5 is quicker.

I expect great support from cobb, with upgraded tunes and additional stages for full mods in the near future which should meet or exceed what the jb4/procede can do.

To me, ease of use was the reason; smoothness is a bonus and a detraction at same time. The feel is not as in your face as the jb3 was. I mean, some times its nice to have the car have an attitude when you step on it, but it gets old after a while.

I've heard the jb4 is much smoother like the cobb now is, but that wasn't my deciding factor.

Pricing is a big difference though. I got intro pricing on cobb so saved a few bucks but 900 vs 500 isn't insignificant