View Single Post
      04-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #12
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

UPDATE: The 3m tape provided by the vendor (pre-stuck to the eyelids) is REALLY crappy. One of my lids flew off on the highway and I just had to order a replacement. My advice is to NOT use their tape if anyone is planning on buying these and just buy your own 3m tape or other adhesive.

on the upside, steve (if that's REALLY his name..) is very nice and hooked me up with a replacement real fast. still.. long ship time from china.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFIDDY5 View Post
Link to vendor please?
here ya go: http://jpcarbon.com/

i didn't order through their site. when i ordered their ebay store was down (sketchy), but now it seems to be up again. i chatted with them straight through email and paid through paypal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Is that a Vorst hood that just doesnt need hood pins or are u planning on drilling some in later?

I really would like to go with a vented hood, im just cautious about fitment and all the time and money to paint it and install pins if necessary, etc. etc. But doing so would probably lower my max oil and underhood temps by as much as 20-30 degrees on hot days, like today i was cruising around, lotta stop n go shit thru the city and I was consistently at 240-245 F oil temp.

I dunno, there are pros and cons..

That and where the fuck am i gonna put my stock hood
It's a seibon hood, not Vorsteiner. The hood comes stock with the vents closed, but looking at the hood it seems easy to remove the closed slats and replace them with open slats (switching as need be based on weather), so when the weather warms up a bit that's gonna become my project

The vents would probably do a LOT for cooling, but 240-245 seems about normal running temps from what I've seen from myself and other users on here. I think an FMIC would do more for intake temps than opening the hood would, but for oil temps i dunno..

i didn't have the problem with the stock hood since mine was bent up when i replaced it but definitely let us know what you end up doing, man!

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0