05-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #84
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieue View Post
Yes this is my M3 also (mine has the DCT gearbox) - first reaction on the 2 cars is:

1M feels more nimble (Like the CSL - had 2 of these) but it feels like you'll have to drive it hard, but it might be a little early to tell as I'm just running it in. My first reactions are that the suspension might need modifying and a different exhaust to bring the noise out more.

M3 unbelievable engine and gearbox (DCT) but I get 18mpg out of it and 9 mpg around the nurburgring. You don't need to drive the M3 at full attack to go fast, but it's a heavier car. I've modified mine and love it.

I'm sure the 1M will be the same but in a different way (Just a bit too early to tell)

Hope that helps
Thank you, it helps. Please let us know a little later how you feel if you don't mind. I love the look and sound of the M3, but Mileage and weight are a concern. I prefer smaller cars. If the 1M looked and sounded like the M3 but was smaller and lighter, it would be a no brainer. You are in a great situation to have both.

I will not be able to modify them, especially the M3 since this will be a great stretch for me to get my dream car. I do plan to get a stripped M3 with only leather no sunroof to keep the weight and complexity down. I would also go with manual gearbox. So after you get a little more settled, you could let me know, if you could only afford one of the two and would not modify it, which would you keep?

Thank you.

IB, San Diego, CA
Appreciate 0