05-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #58
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Turbo View Post
If BMW actually bothered to give brand new parts to 1M instead of blindly taking them from another M model, M3 (which is a first by the way), I would have more respect for 1M.

The fact that them not even bothering to give 1M different wheels tells you something. I understand the engine replacement wouldn't be cost effective for a short production window but there are other parts like wheels, suspension, steering wheel, pedals, etc that they could easily create new parts. What did they do instead? They stole them from the M3, the car that they knew is successful and proved itself. So no risk of people not liking the rims or brakes not performing well. In my opinion, an M should have its own unique characteristics and this car doesn't. This is probably why its not called M1, but 1M like X5M or X6M. Its not a true super car, but an affordable patched up version of an entry level 1 series.
Good rant

Shame it's all bollocks