View Single Post
      03-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #23
gargoyal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagMan View Post
Nobody should confuse talking about reality with a promotional agenda. Reality is that when driving a performance car, there are challenges at the red light and some sprinting here and there on the highways. It happens. I don't promote any of it, but I know darned well I've been challenged in my Carrera S countless times and on occassion I've engaged the situation.

Should we now censor the truth?
I'm not for censorship, but it really important that people understand how dumb it is to take even the occasional street challenge. I live in Cali like you, you need to look up the laws. If you are caught racing they will auction off your car. Worst yet, if someone die as a result of the race (even if its not you fault ) you WILL be charged with a felony. I assume that most people on this forum have a positive net worth that lawyers would love to sue for . Look at your auto insurance and umbrella insurance and there are ways for your insurer to limit their pay outs on a claim in the case of gross negligent (guess what racing is considered).
If the guy next to you in the Home Depot modded Civic loses control, dies and cause some decent property damage, guess what:

1) you lose your car
2) you go to jail and get a felony conviction
3) you get sued by the dead guy family
4) you get sued for the property damage

Be smart keep it on the track
Appreciate 0