Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
welp.

Turns out my warranty ends this saturday. I bought my car as a demo in december 2009 and I thought I was told even though it was a demo, since I was the first "buyer", the warranty would begin the day I bought the car.

Turns out that wasn't true. Luckily I brought in my car for the recall service today and my advisor noticed it. I am getting a full scope to see if anything can be replaced under warranty. They already agreed to change out the rear brakes even though it says I have 1,000 till they are suppose to be changed.
So I guess demo's aren't considered certified pre-owned (CPO) and aren't eligible for the extended warranty? That'd be too bad if that was the case. How long did the dealer have the car before you bought it? I like CPO because I effectively got an extra year of warranty or almost double the mileage allowance and the car was only a year old when I bought it. I have a 2008 and I'm going to get another full year of warranty coverage as a result.

Not sure what the official policy is but if I were buying a demo I'd ask if it could be CPO'd.
Appreciate 0