Thread: No 128i Love :(
View Single Post
      07-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #635
Deutsche-Broke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Off topic, but I wanted to thank all of you folks for helping to solidify a recent but great decision.

Wanting to get into something new, I tried a number of new things, a C class, something Hondacura, and a 3 series, or as I learned here a E92. Yes, other than the used 318 "Rick Astley edition" I had for a limited time back in the early 90's's I am new to BMW.

I read the crap out of this board over the past months and gleaned tons of great information from some really knowledgable people about what I wanted.. A simple car that makes me want to drive the crap out of it.

As my local dealership is a hundred miles away in a huge traffic nightmare, I did most of my inquires via e-mail, drove a 328 and a 135i and settled on a 28i.. Mostly from the pride I recognized from the people on this board.. I ordered it from the Fatherland and it showed up last weekend.

The car is amazing and everything you folks say it is.. Effortless and smooth speed, predictable and forgiving handling from stock suspension, a "sound" that brings a modest smile and no regrets when you hop in it and hear it climb through the gears..

I can't wait to start considering where I want to take it performance wise, but for now, I'm just enjoying the hell out of a really well designed and simple vehicle..

Thanks again for the push over the edge and I look forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

Steve
Appreciate 0