Thread: YOYO MODE
View Single Post
      12-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

When you're at the track you kind of have to take off traction control in my opinion.

I went for the first time to Wakefield and I initially tried it with it only on DTC and it just wasn't that great. It cut in all the time and my lap times were pretty horrible.

Just by turning off the traction control completely helped me put down the power through the turns a lot better and I even drifted a couple turns lol. I felt that the car was very balanced and I could easily feel and judge both under and oversteer.

I have the M3 strut tower brace which I feel helps considerably with the handling and feel of the car so without it, I'm not too sure how it would go.

I have spun the car on a roundabout one time when I had traction control off so I understand what that instructor is talking about but that was really my mistake more than anything. That was also before the M3 strut tower brace was installed.

Basically, I wouldn't go so far as to say never take off traction control, but just if you do, make sure it's somewhere safe and stay in control. If you just stomp on the accelerator pedal in a turn you're going to spin regardless. Be gentle with it and explore the limits on a track gradually.