View Single Post
      01-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

New Software 2.48.2

Took my 128i automatic in for scheduled maintenance, and since it's still under warranty and maintenance, I gave them a list of every niggling thing.

One niggling thing, especially when is DS mode, on a cold morning it would idle a little inconsistently when at a stop (up and down revs at times). I figured it must be normal but why not mention it?

They kept the car overnight, to do a cold start in the morning, and sure enough, they decided to do some analysis.

They said they found SIB 12 21 12. It that a technical bulletin? If so, how can I look it up?

Anyway, they checked for faults, found none, no DME Fault, did a test plan to obtain a "diagcode" to program and update the software (per 12 21 12). They obtained diagcode D1214_B0000000_90_212. They programmed and updated the vehicle software include CAS with Software 2.48.2.

---

And now the fluctuation on cold start is solved. And, as I probably should have expected, all my custom settings are re-set (like having both doors open with one click on the fob).

But it also seems like the shift points changed a bit -- with D allowing higher revs before jumping up to the next gear. No complaints because I always thought it was a bit conservative and chose to us DS a lot. Now, DS is not necessarily my default in traffic, especially.

And at least one strange thing: The classic BMW temporary lane change signals that trips up people who first drive one..... appears deactivated. I didn't realize that was a setting. But this software flash update appears to have wiped it.

Anyway, anyone know where I can learn more about this software update? Of course the dealer wasn't too informed and couldn't even tell me what things like CAS and SIB stood for, let alone what was in the software....
Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.
Appreciate 0