03-06-2008, 01:11 AM   #1
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

Freight, PDI, taxes, etc...

Hey guys,

making an appointment to talk to one of the dealers tomorrow; have been in contact and want to sell my car privately, pay off the financing (should break even), and move up to to a 135i...
I've been browsing the forum for the last week or so; I've gotta say, it IS one of the best forums I've ever found, in general.

Anyhow, I live in Canada and I would like to know from those who have gone through it just how much you have to pay in extra charges above the final price after the MSRP and options... I can work out the options that I want and the GST on my own, but I am uncertain about freight, PDI, and all those random costs...
I know maybe freight might vary, but a general idea would suffice. Please advise.

I am planning on putting $2,500 deposit/down and fear that the extra charges will eat that up, so that I will effectively finance the full price of the vehicle (~$50K)!
The main point of all of this is to try to put some numbers to it so that I can decide if I can really handle these payments or not (current car payments are just over $400).

I estimate it should come up to about $1,000 a month. Financing rate might have something to do with my decision, but I can pay off good chunks of it every year to decrease my amortization... and prime just went down, so who knows...

Lastly, I apologise if this is a repeat of other posts... I thought I'd browsed enough trying to find this information...
Appreciate 0